All this week, I’ve been trying on bathing suits.
The only thing worse is trying on bras.
I have made a few observations:
1. I love that manufacturers are making cup sized swimwear tops. That’s a step in the right direction. But please!!! Tell me , if you make a DD cup, why on earth you pair that with thin stretchy spaghetti straps or thin stretchy straps of any kind! Note to manufacturers: If a girl needs anything above a C cup, she needs the added support of wide straps that lift and lock the girls in place. Seriously!
2. I love that manufacturers are doing separates in swimwear…BONUS is separates with cup sizes. My particular issue is big boobs, no butt. Butt, can we please make a basic bottom that has a nice wide waist band that is not a hipster, bikini or anything else that would create more rolls where we don’t need them? And as far as the tankini tops go, see #1 above.
3. I’ve considered some on line options, but what a pain! Ordering, returning, return shipping..ugh.
4. All of this swimsuit shopping has me wondering if I need to make my own! No…I am not EVEN going there.
5. So, if I can’t find anything that would meet the above issues, I do admit that there are some VERY cute cover-ups out there! I have actually come home with two of them and no bathing suit yet!
So, maybe I can just lounge about the Michigan beach in cute cover-ups. Just cover-ups. Floaty, caftan-like-hide-everything cover-ups.
It's been just too hot to sew. But today, I am determined to finish my dress. And cut out a few more. Because I have a giant roll of kiwi colored outdoor fabric with which to cover my patio cushions. Which I'd like to do before summer is over.